Income Taxes Apply to Immigrants Residing in the U.S.


A worker who is not a citizen of the U.S. is nonetheless responsible for paying income taxes to the U.S. federal government.

It is essential for resident aliens (those foreign-born workers who have a “Green card” signifying lawful permanent U.S. residence) to report on their income tax returns all interest, dividends, wages or other compensation for services, income from rental property or royalties and other types of income from any source.

Please see full article below for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Ronald Shapiro | Attorney Advertising

Written by:


Ronald Shapiro on:

Readers' Choice 2017
Reporters on Deadline

"My best business intelligence, in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:

Sign up to create your digest using LinkedIn*

*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.

Already signed up? Log in here

*With LinkedIn, you don't need to create a separate login to manage your free JD Supra account, and we can make suggestions based on your needs and interests. We will not post anything on LinkedIn in your name. Or, sign up using your email address.