Get to the crux of your legal matters efficiently with lawyers who’ve “been there, done that” for nearly every challenge your business might face. With more than 80 attorneys and legal professionals in six offices in Vermont, New Hampshire and New York, Downs Rachlin Martin brings a can-do attitude along with innovative, pragmatic ideas that will help your business thrive.
While we provide customized solutions across a very broad range of legal issues, we have organized our service areas into these 13 major areas; business, captive insurance, energy, environmental and land use, government and public affairs, health care, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, real estate, tax, telecommunications, and trusts and estates. And from our position as the exclusive member firm in Vermont for Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide – we can customize our services to meet your needs whether your organization is local, regional or national.
On behalf of our diverse clients, the firm:
- has furnished comprehensive legal services for the acquisition of power generation facilities in the United States and Latin America
- provides collective bargaining, contract administration and grievance resolution legal services nationwide for the elevator industry
- has managed patent applications for major corporations in the United States and Asia and regularly secures trademark registrations worldwide
- has depth and experience in due diligence and database management for multiple site acquisitions (particularly of wireless communications infrastructure) and for storing, indexing and retrieving high-volume documentation
- provides in-state legal counsel for the establishment of single parent and group captive insurers
-defends and prosecutes environmental and toxic tort claims and pursues insurance coverage for policy holders
- has one of the largest government and public affairs practices in the state of Vermont, which is headquartered in Montpelier and provides lobbying services and public and media relations support for many of the firm’s clients
- uses virtual private networks for data-intensive applications, and designs and implements extranet and other custom communication solutions that enable clients to share the firm’s data and systems.