Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our nationally recognized practices include commercial finance, corporate, environmental, financial services, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, and trusts and estates. Our approximately 650 attorneys serve public and private companies, including one-third of the Fortune 100, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
We forge partnerships with our clients based on our uniquely flexible and entrepreneurial culture. Knowing the law is not enough: we understand our clients’ business objectives and address their legal needs in a manner that is consistent with the “big picture.” Our clients see us as trusted advisors and we demonstrate our value every day in the successful results we earn.
Katten is deeply committed to diversity and we are frequently honored for our diversity program. We value the talents and perspectives of our diverse teams of attorneys, building stronger solutions for our clients and a better workplace for everyone.
Through our pro bono program, our attorneys and other legal professionals give their time, resources and talent to serve individuals and organizations in need, to engage in important national litigation and to partner with local legal service providers to ensure access to the justice system. We understand that by enriching the lives of those around us, we grow as a firm and as individuals. With our Katten Cares program, we have invested millions of dollars and thousands of hours in making a positive impact on our communities through sponsorship of local community service programs and the charitable activities of our attorneys and staff.
Katten is intensely focused on ensuring that we offer the best services to our clients and, in turn, sharing our support with community organizations.
Honors and Awards
Katten is proud to be recognized for the high-quality legal services we provide to our clients.
* Recognized nationally in 27 practice areas and as “Law Firm of the Year” in Real Estate Law as part of the 2014 US News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings
* Eighty-five Katten attorneys listed in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America; two attorneys named Best Lawyers’ 2014 “Lawyers of the Year”
* Twenty-four practices and 50 attorneys ranked among the nation’s best in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
* Ranked among the nation’s best in the 2013 edition of Legal 500 United States for: Finance: Structured Finance; Intellectual Property – Trademarks: Litigation; Investment Fund Formation and Management – Alternative/Hedge Funds; Litigation – Securities: Shareholder Litigation; Real Estate and Construction – Real Estate; and Tax – Domestic Tax: Central
* Recognized in Legal 500 UK for: Corporate and Commercial - Financial Services (Non-Contentious/Regulatory); Finance - Derivatives and Structured Products; Real Estate - Commercial Property; and Real Estate - Commercial Property: Hotels and Leisure
* Noted in the Financial Times US Innovative Lawyers report for 2013 as one of the “Lawyers to the Innovators”
* Named to Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies” every year since 2007
* Ranked one of the Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers “50 Best Law Firms for Women” every year since the list was first compiled in 2007
* Named one of the “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign every year since 2009
* Recognized by Equality Illinois as one of the top Illinois law firms that is setting the bar in the area of LGBT equality
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Appellate Practice
- Art, Entertainment, & Sports Law
- Business Organizations
- Commercial Law & Contracts
- Communications & Media Law
- Construction Law
- Energy & Utilities
- Environmental Law
- Finance & Banking
- Intellectual Property
- International Law & Trade
- Labor & Employment Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Securities Law
- Toxic Torts
- Wills, Trusts, & Estate Planning
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use
Number of Attorneys
This profile may constitute attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any correspondence with this profile holder does not constitute a client/attorney relationship. Neither the content on this profile nor transmissions between you and the profile holder through this profile are intended to provide legal or other advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.