For more than four decades, Fenwick & West LLP has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become, and remain, market leaders. From emerging enterprises to large public corporations, our clients are leaders in the technology, life sciences and cleantech sectors and are fundamentally changing the world through rapid innovation.
Fenwick & West reflects the entrepreneurial spirit of our client base. We have earned the reputation as a go-to law firm for growing companies that need insightful, strategic counsel to help tackle the challenging issues that arise when the law cannot keep up with their pace of innovation. Our firm is making revolutionary changes to the practice of law, through substantial investments in proprietary technology tools and processes. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class legal services.
With more than 300 attorneys and 500 employees firm-wide, we have nationally ranked practices in complex financial and commercial transactions, intellectual property protection and licensing, mergers and acquisitions, "bet-the-company" litigation, domestic and international tax planning and tax controversies. Our intellectual property practice has continuously been on the cutting edge of legal issues arising from emerging technologies. We also have one of the preeminent venture capital practices in the country and have long-standing relationships with the recognized leaders in the industry.
Fenwick & West has offices in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Seattle and Shanghai.
Honors and Awards
• Named Technology Group of the Year by Law360 for the second consecutive year (2015)
• Ranked the #1 firm worldwide for Technology, Media and Telecommunications deals by volume according to Mergermarket (H1 2015)
• Handled five of the year’s top 10 venture capital-backed tech exits, including both the largest venture-backed IPO and venture-backed acquisition (2014)
• Led the two largest venture capital financings of the year (2014)
• Named to The National Law Journal’s IP Hot List, recognizing the most influential intellectual property practices in the country (2015)
• Nearly 20 percent of Fenwick partners are ranked by Chambers USA and Chambers Global (2015)
• Selected as a Go-To law firm by in-house legal departments at Fortune 500 companies in Corporate Counsel magazine (2015)
• Recognized by American Lawyer as one of the 100 largest law firms in the United States by revenue (2015)
• Recognized as the second largest law firm in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (2015)
• Honored with the National Legal Aid & Defender Association’s Beacon of Justice award for helping increase access to justice for low-income individuals (2014)
• Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Silicon Valley Business Journal and San Francisco Business Times for nine years; Fenwick was one of only two law firms to make the list (2015)
• Ranked the ninth best law firm in the U.S. for diversity by The American Lawyer and seventh by Law360 (2015)