Trebuchet Legal is a new project from Alison Monahan and Lee Burgess, collectively the creators of The Girl's Guide to Law School, Law School Toolbox, Bar Exam Toolbox, and Amicus Tutoring. It's designed to help you make sense of the rapidly changing legal career landscape and find your place in this wild new world.
Here are a few things we believe:
- Success as a lawyer today requires a mix of 19th, 20th, and 21st Century skills
- Your school is probably not going to teach you all of these skills
- The world still needs good lawyers
- Change is here, and it’s accelerating
- Everybody’s got to hustle
- We’re all in this together, and it’s fine to ask for help
- This is about the life you want, not just the job you can get
- Your career path is likely to be meandering, and that’s okay
- There’s no such thing as failure if you’re learning
- You get to decide what “success” means to YOU
We hope you find our legal career tips helpful!
Want to meet in person? Join us at the second annual Catapult Conference in San Francisco on March 1, 2014.