The consequences of the spread of the novel coronavirus (Sars-CoV-2) have reached the German labour market. Many companies are daily confronted with new and complex legal questions regarding the handling of coronavirus-related issues in employment relationships.
The following overview shows the most frequently asked questions and answers.
1. Which protection obligations must companies observe with regard to the coronavirus?
2. How should employers react when COVID-19 is detected or suspected in the workplace?
3. Who pays the remuneration if an employee is quarantined by order of the authorities and cannot continue working?
4. Are employees allowed to refuse their work performance because they are afraid of an infection at work?
5. May the company order work from the home office?
6. May the employer order overtime in the event of increased absence due to illness?
7. What happens when employees are unable to work as they care for their children due to school and daycare closures?
8. Can employees still be required to travel on business?
9. May the company order vacation in case of an increased work loss?
10. May employers demand short-time work due to lack of work?
11. Which particularities apply to companies with works councils?