In This Presentation:
- FLSA “White Collar” Exemptions
- Three Tests for Exemption
- Salary Level Test
- Salary Basis Test
- Can the Employer Make Deductions?
- Salary Test for the Administrative Exemption
- Duties Test for the Administrative Exemption
- Permitted Salary Deductions
- Prohibited Deductions-Examples
- What is the Risk of Improper Deductions?
- “Actual Practice”
- Safe Harbor
- What is the Administrative Exemption?
- What is “office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations”?
- Excerpt from Salary Basis Test:
- Regularly receives a predetermined amount of compensation each pay period
- The compensation cannot be reduced because of variations in the quality or quantity of the work performed
- Must be paid the full salary for any week in which the employee performs any work
- Need not be paid for any workweek when no work is performed
Please see full Presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.