In this issue:
- SEC Roundtable Discusses Cybersecurity Threats and Protections Against Cyberattacks
- Proposed Changes to FINRA Classification of Hybrid Securities for Trade Reporting Purposes
- FINRA Proposes to Amend Rule 4210
- CFTC Extends Expiration of MTF Relief
- CFTC Requests Public Comment on ICE Swap Trade Packaged Transaction Rule
- Money Manager Sues SEC to Stop Administrative Action in $1.5 Billion CDO Case
- Texas District Court Denies Class Certification in IPO Securities Suit
- Excerpt from Money Manager Sues SEC to Stop Administrative Action in $1.5 Billion CDO Case:
A money manager and his firm recently sued the Securities and Exchange Commission claiming that the agency violated their constitutional rights by bringing an administrative proceeding for securities claims in connection with several collateralized debt obligation transactions (CDOs). Wing F. Chau and his firm Harding Advisory LLC (Plaintiffs) assert that the SEC deprived them of significant procedural protections by not bringing a lawsuit in federal court.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: CFTC, Class Action, Class Certification, Collateralized Debt Obligations, Cyber Attacks, Cybersecurity, Data Breach, Data Protection, FINRA, ICE, IPO, SEC, Swaps
Published In: Business Torts Updates, Civil Procedure Updates, General Business Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising