In this issue:
- SEC Requests Comment on FINRA Rules
- CFTC Issues Interpretation Regarding Auditor Independence Standards
- OTC Derivatives Regulators Group Issues Report to G20
- NFA Issues Notice to Members Regarding FATF Update
- Texas Department of Banking Issues Guidance on Treatment of Virtual Currency
- Mellanox Triumphs Over Investors’ Securities Fraud Suit
- Sixth Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Life Sciences Securities Suit
- OCC Issues “Asset-Based Lending” Booklet
- Agencies Issue Denial of Service Guidance and Guidance on ATMs
- OCC Issues Garnishment Guidance
- Agencies Issue Interim Final TruPs CDOs Rule, Effective April 1
- Excerpt from NFA Issues Notice to Members Regarding FATF Update:
On April 2, the National Futures Association (NFA) issued a notice to its members informing them that the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has updated its list of jurisdictions with strategic anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing (AML/CFT) deficiencies. The updated FATF list includes the following changes: (i) Kenya and Tanzania were removed from the list of high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions requiring enhanced due diligence as set forth in the FATF Public Statement; and (ii) Kenya, Tanzania, Papua New Guinea and Uganda were added to the list of high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions requiring general due diligence as set forth in FATF’s Improving Global AML/CFT Compliance: On-going Process.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Auditors, Audits, CFTC, FATF, FINRA, G20, NFA, ORC, SEC, Securities Fraud, Virtual Currency
Published In: Business Torts Updates, Civil Procedure Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising