This edition of our Franchising Update includes the following articles:
- The recently announced review of the Franchising Code.
- The Pie Face dispute – misleading information or inadequate due diligence.
- Australian Consumer Law and hints for franchisors to minimise risks of unconscionable conduct allegations.
- Zamel's recent misleading conduct fine.
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's proceedings against Abel Rent A Car for inadequate disclosure in relation to advertised pricing.
- Changes to the National Names Register.
- Our international update which includes changes to franchise regulation in Indonesia and an example of adapting franchises to accommodate local customs.
Excerpt from Changes to the National Names Register:
McDonalds changed its signage at 13 stores across Australia to celebrate Australia Day and we have taken this opportunity to consider the process of registering a business name under the current law. This process affects nearly all businesses and it is an important part of all franchise systems which should be reviewed from time to time.
Please see full alert below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.