There have been several franchising developments since our last update in February.
This edition discusses:
- minimising the risks when marketing through social media
- comments from the ACCC regarding changes to the Franchising Code, in particular pecuniary penalties
- information regarding the ACCC's new Guidelines on its use of infringement notices
- renewed interest in bullying – something that affects all employers
- the move to the enforcement phase of the Unfair Contract Terms legislation
- an update regarding privacy laws
- an injunction granted to a franchisor to deal with a rogue franchisee defection in New Zealand.
Those interested in expanding overseas or already operating overseas, may be interested to know that in the last two months, K&L Gates have added two more offices, Delaware and Houston, as well as significantly expanding our Hong Kong and Palo Alto offices.
Please see full alert below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Published In: Antitrust & Trade Regulation Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Franchise Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, Labor & Employment Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© K&L Gates LLP | Attorney Advertising