In This Issue:
- SPECIAL EDITION ON THE HIPAA OMNIBUS FINAL RULE PART I
- REVISIONS TO THE RULES ON BREACH NOTIFICATION
- FINAL RULE REQUIRES GROUP HEALTH PLANS AND PROVIDERS TO UPDATE THEIR NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES (“NPP”)
- DISCLOSURES OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (“PHI”) FOR “MARKETING” PURPOSES.
- DISCLOSURE OF STUDENT IMMUNIZATION RECORDS TO SCHOOLS
- DW HEALTH CARE TEAM - NEWS & SUCCESS STORIES
- Excerpt from SPECIAL EDITION ON THE HIPAA OMNIBUS FINAL RULE PART I:
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (hereinafter referred to as “the Department”) released the HIPAA/HITECH final omnibus rule (the “Final Rule”) on January 17, 2013, which rule contains long-awaited rules and clarifications regarding the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) Privacy, Security and Enforcement Rules and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH Act”). Most of the provisions of the Final Rule are effective September 23, 2013.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.