In This Issue:
- The spousal lifetime access trust: A safety net in uncertain times
- Be prepared for a triggering event: If you own interests in a closely held business, consider a buy-sell agreement
- Is your IRA safe from creditors?
- Estate Planning Pitfall: You’re unsure whether you need to file a 2012 gift tax return
- Excerpt from The Spousal lifetime access trust:
If you’re married and looking for a last minute strategy to take advantage of the $5.12 million federal gift and estate tax exemption, consider a spousal lifetime access trust (SLAT). Uncertainty about the future of the federal estate tax regime makes setting up a SLAT in 2012 particularly useful. But regardless of what happens to the exemption, the SLAT can continue to be a valuable tool for removing significant wealth from your estate while providing a safety net in the event your financial circumstances change.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.