In this Presentation:
- The Push for Reform
- House Bill 4
- Increased UI Tax Rates
- Reduction in Weekly Benefit Amount
- Reduction in Duration of Benefits
- Waiting Week for Each Claim
- New Definition of “Suitable Work”
- Elimination of “Good Cause” Reasons for Quitting
- “Substantial Fault” Repealed
- Higher Burden to Prove Misconduct in “Discharge” Claims
- Proving Misconduct
- Restrictions on Attached Claims
- Action Items
- Action Items-Focus on Effective Documentation
- After a Claim is Filed . . . Provide Adequate Response to NCUI 500 AB
- Responding to NCUI 500 AB
- Handling Appeals Hearings
- Excerpt from The Push for Reform:
- NC owed Federal Treasury approximately $2.5 billion
- Employers faced continued prospect of annual increases in FUTA taxes until debt paid off
•Not expected to occur until 2019 under old system
Please see full Presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.