In This Issue:
- The Innovative Design Protection Act: Bound for Success or Doomed to Fail?
- Strategic Licensing Considerations
- New Faces
- Points from the President
- Think Again Before Walking Away from Second Trust Deeds in Bankruptcy
- You “Built” It, So Don’t Lose It: Estate Tax Laws to Change Dramatically on January 1, 2013
- Fashion Companies: A Step-By-Step Guide to Protection
- To Improve or Not to Improve? Pre-Disposition Preparation and Processing of Collateral
- Excerpt from Strategic Licensing Considerations:
Strategic licensing by companies to expand their brands into new product categories is a growing trend. Additionally, celebrities are now, more than ever, creating their own brands and entering into licensing arrangements to promote their celebrity status.
Strategic licensing arrangements enable a licensor to forge alliances with licensees who have expertise and presence in a particular brand category, thereby leveraging the licensee’s existing relationships. For example, licensing enables a licensor to off-load the manufacture and marketing costs of product categories that are not part of a licensor’s core business, open up new distribution channels, create new markets in new geographic areas, and extend core products into complementary products that might not otherwise be available.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Chapter 13, Copyright, Design Patent, Estate Tax, Fashion Design, License Agreements, Patents, Trade Dress, Trust Deeds
Published In: Bankruptcy Updates, General Business Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, Residential Real Estate Updates, Wills, Trusts, & Estate Planning Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Buchalter Nemer | Attorney Advertising