Top 10 Topics for Directors in 2014 -
U.S. public companies face a host of challenges as they enter 2014. Here is our list of hot topics for the boardroom in the coming year:
1. Oversee strategic planning amid continuing fiscal uncertainty and game-changing advances in information technology
2. Address cybersecurity
3. Set appropriate executive compensation as shareholders increasingly focus on pay for performance and activists target pay disparity
4. Address the growing demands of compliance oversight
5. Assess the impact of health care reform on the company’s benefit plans and cost structure
6. Determine whether the CEO and board chair positions should be separated
7. Ensure appropriate board composition in light of increasing focus on director tenure and diversity
8. Cultivate shareholder relations and strengthen defenses as activist hedge funds target more companies
9. Address boardroom confidentiality
10. Consider whether to adopt a forum selection bylaw
Please see full alert below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Board of Directors, CEOs, Compliance, Confidentiality, Cybersecurity, Directors, Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation, Forum Selection Clause, Healthcare, Healthcare Reform, Pay-for-Performance, Publicly-Traded Companies, Shareholder Activism, Shareholders
Published In: Business Organization Updates, General Business Updates, Labor & Employment Updates, Privacy Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP | Attorney Advertising