In This Issue:
• Owner of “WOULD YOU RATHER...?” Wins $8.3 Million
• PC ON A STICK Is Not Merely Descriptive
• Sonoma Wine Producer Wins Geographically Limited Injunction
• Brand Owners Awarded Favorable Damages Awards in Counterfeiting Cases
- Excerpt from Owner of “WOULD YOU RATHER...?” Wins $8.3 Million:
In a case that started in 2006, a jury unanimously ruled that the phrase “Would You Rather...?” is protectable as a trademark for board games and books. The jury further found that Zobmondo infringed the owner’s rights by using the same phrase for the same types of goods and awarded the owner $5.1 million in damages and $3.5 million in punitive damages...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.