In this Issue:
- Mobile Phone / Driving Laws
- Unemployment Benefits
- Procedural History
- The Law
- Court of Appeals Decision
- Wrongful Termination
- Religious Discrimination
- District Court
- Tenth Circuit
- SOX Whistleblower Liability
- Excerpt from Mobile Phone / Driving Laws:
• 2012 Session – Text Messaging Law – Class B misdemeanor if cause serious bodily injury.
• 2013 Session – Younger than 18 – bars use of a mobile device while driving (effective May 1, 2013).
Please see full update below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Appeals, Distracted Driving, Employer Liability Issues, Hiring & Firing, Mobile Devices, Religious Discrimination, Termination, Texting, Unemployment Benefits, Whistleblowers
Published In: Civil Rights Updates, Labor & Employment Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Dorsey & Whitney LLP | Attorney Advertising