Exercise Caution Before Relying on the Gross-Misconduct Exception Under COBRA by Brandon P. Long

more+
less-

A little more than two months ago, President Obama signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (“ARRA”). Since then, employers have been scrambling to understand ARRA’s impact on the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, commonly known as COBRA.

By now, employers generally understand that under ARRA certain eligible employees who are involuntarily terminated between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009 are eligible to pay 35% of the cost of COBRA continuation coverage, and the federal government will subsidize the remaining 65% for up to nine months.

Article authored by McAfee & Taft attorney: Brandon P. Long.

Please see full article for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.


DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© McAfee & Taft | Attorney Advertising

Written by:

more+
less-

McAfee & Taft on:

JD Supra Readers' Choice 2016 Awards
Reporters on Deadline

"My best business intelligence, in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:

Sign up to create your digest using LinkedIn*

*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.

Already signed up? Log in here

*With LinkedIn, you don't need to create a separate login to manage your free JD Supra account, and we can make suggestions based on your needs and interests. We will not post anything on LinkedIn in your name. Or, sign up using your email address.
×
Loading...
×
×