Since its inception in 1952, McAfee & Taft has taken a leadership role in providing clients with creative and innovative strategies for meeting their business and legal needs. In the early 1950’s, founder Kenneth E. McAfee was instrumental in registering the nation’s first drilling fund with the Securities and Exchange Commission. A few years later, co-founder Richard G. Taft filed the first registration statement of an international drilling fund.
The tradition of providing innovative and aggressive legal representation continues to this day. For more than 60 years, clients have counted on McAfee & Taft’s multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving, along with the depth and talent of its dedicated attorneys and support staff, to create comprehensive, customized legal solutions. McAfee & Taft has grown to become Oklahoma's largest law firm and one of the top 250 law firms in the country, according to The National Law Journal, with a deep roster of more than 180 lawyers serving clients nationally and internationally across nearly 100 difference practice areas.
Professional Associations & Memberships
• TerraLex®, an exclusive worldwide network of specially selected law firms, which enables us to protect our clients’ interests throughout the world, as necessary
• Employers Counsel Network, comprised of top-level law firms in all 50 states advising and representing employers regarding workplace issues and disputes
• L2B Aviation, an international association of law firms that specializes in providing legal advice to the aviation industry, especially in matters pertaining to aircraft financing and leasing
Honors and Awards
• The National Law Journal's NLJ 250, its annual list of the nation's 250 largest law firms in the U.S.
• Top rankings in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business with 48 of the firm's attorneys* being recognized in their respective practice areas
• Benchmark Litigation gave McAfee & Taft top marks in its most recent edition and singled out 10 of the firm's attorneys* for recognition
• Benchmark Litigation named McAfee & Taft "Oklahoma Litigation Firm of the Year"
• Corporate Counsel magazine's "Go-To Law Firms of the World's Leading Companies"
• Best Lawyers in America selected 91 McAfee & Taft attorneys* for inclusion in its latest edition
• Best Lawyers singled out 20 McAfee & Taft attorneys for "Lawyer of the Year" honors for their legal practice specialty in their community
• Oklahoma Super Lawyers has recognized 69 of McAfee & Taft's attorneys as among the state's top lawyers
• Oklahoma Super Lawyers have identified 30 McAfee & Taft attorneys as "Oklahoma Rising Stars"
• Martindale-Hubbell has rated 98 McAfee & Taft attorneys* as AV® Preeminent™, its top rating
• Fortune magazine's "Top Ranked Law Firms"
• Listed among "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers
(*More than any other Oklahoma law firm)
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Appellate Practice
- Art, Entertainment, & Sports Law
- Business Organizations
- Business Torts
- Class Action
- Commercial Law & Contracts
- Construction Law
- Energy & Utilities
- Environmental Law
- Finance & Banking
- Immigration Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Estate
- Science, Computers, & Tech
- Securities Law
- Toxic Torts
- Wills, Trusts, & Estate Planning
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use
Number of Attorneys
This profile may constitute attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any correspondence with this profile holder does not constitute a client/attorney relationship. Neither the content on this profile nor transmissions between you and the profile holder through this profile are intended to provide legal or other advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.