Many law firms today talk about value as if it's a new concept. At Fisher & Phillips, we were committed to providing value to our clients long before it became a fashionable topic of conversation. Our commitment to value dates back to the founding of our firm nearly 70 years ago. So how do we provide this value?
* We do only one thing. We represent employers in labor and employment matters. Instead of trying to be all things to a client, we offer deep and broad expertise in the area of the law we know best.
* We treat our clients' legal problems as business problems. Although our attorneys are skilled and tenacious advocates, we recognize that the most aggressive (and expensive) approach may not always be the best solution to a client's problem. In every matter we handle, therefore, we seek at the outset to identify the client's primary business objective, design a solution to fit that objective, and then implement that solution in the most efficient manner possible.
* We help our clients avoid legal problems. We think the lawsuit that is never filed is a better win for our client than a defense verdict after a long and costly trial. By performing compliance audits, providing the right policies and procedures and training, and offering thoughtful advice and counsel, we assist our clients in preventing employee claims and lawsuits, government investigations, and union organizing activity.
* We are responsive. Lawyers often have a bad reputation for being difficult to reach. We recognize that we are in the client service business, and we know that many labor and employment problems arise without much prior warning and require an immediate response. We therefore use technology to remain highly accessible to our clients, we return calls and e-mails quickly, and we are available around the clock if necessary.
* We respect our clients' time. We know our clients are busy and may be managing many challenges besides the matters we are handling. We do our best, therefore, to avoid last minute surprises. We meet deadlines and provide plenty of advance time where client review of documents is needed. We also communicate with clients efficiently, and in plain English.
* We are economical. We have a lower cost structure than many large law firms, so we are able to charge less than those firms. Even more importantly, because of our experience and expertise in labor and employment law, our clients do not have to pay for a learning curve.
* We reward quality, not billable hours. We do not provide incentives to our associate attorneys merely to maximize their number of billable hours. Rather, we reward them based upon the value of their work to clients. Each month before sending a bill, the client's relationship attorney analyzes the quality and efficiency of associate work product, and only if an associate's work adds value to the client does the associate get credit for that work toward bonus compensation.
* We are national, and local. We have 23 offices around the country and we continue to expand. Our attorneys practice before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in virtually every state. We are likely to have lawyers who are located near a client's problem, and who are thoroughly familiar with local laws, courts, and government agencies.
We have a broad and diverse client base. We represent a wide range of public and private employers around the nation. Our clients include employers in the agriculture, automotive, banking, broadcasting, casino and gaming, construction, health care, hospitality, insurance, legal and professional services, manufacturing, mining, real estate, retail, technology, transportation, and wholesale and distribution industries, as well as state and local government entities, non-profit organizations, schools, colleges and universities.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about our value-driven approach toward representing employers in labor and employment matters.
Honors and Awards
02/02/2012 - Fisher & Phillips Partner Michael Royal Named To The 2012 BTI Client Services All Stars
01/06/2012 - Fisher & Phillips Partner Hagood Tighe honored as one of the "50 Most Influential People for 2011" by Greater Columbia Business Monthly Magazine for his work as Board Chairman of the Central Carolina Community Foundation
12/09/2011 - Fisher & Phillips Partner Grace Horoupian Named "Member Of The Year" by the Huntington Beach Chamber Of Commerce
11/03/2011 - Fisher & Phillips attorney Corbett Gordon recognized as a "Convocation on Equality Champion"
11/01/2011 - Fisher & Phillips LLP received a "First-Tier Ranking" for management-side employment law from U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers
10/19/2011 - Charles Caulkins Receives the 2011 Chair's Award from the Florida Chamber of Commerce
09/01/2011 - Fisher & Phillips' Todd Fredrickson Honored as Barrister's Best 2011
08/31/2011 - Sixty-six Fisher & Phillips attorneys selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2012
06/20/2011 - Two Fisher & Phillips Partners Named to "Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys"
06/20/2011 - Ed Foulke Named One of 50 Most Influential Environment, Health and Safety Leaders
06/15/2011 - New Jersey State Bar Foundation Awards Medal of Honor to Cynthia Jacob
06/10/2011 - Forty-four Fisher & Phillips attorneys nationwide are featured in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2011
02/15/2011 - Two Fisher & Phillips Partners Named BTI Client Service All-Stars
12/09/2010 - Fisher & Phillips Attorney Elected to Executive Committee of South Carolina Chamber
11/08/2010 - Atlanta Partner Tex McIver Named to Transition Committee for Georgia's Attorney General-Elect
10/19/2010- Four Attorneys From Portland, Maine, Office Of Fisher & Phillips Included In 2010 "New England Super Lawyers"
10/01/2010 - Fisher & Phillips Attorneys Named to Local Legal Elite 2010 Top Ten List
09/17/2010 - Charles Caulkins Named 2010 Broward Ultimate CEO
08/04/2010 - Fisher & Phillips Attorneys Selected to The Best Lawyers in America 2011
07/15/2010 - Fisher & Phillips Partners John Beers, John McLachlan and Tim Murphy Named to "Northern California Super Lawyers 2010"
06/28/2010 - Two Fisher & Phillips Partners Named to "Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys"
06/11/2010 - Ed Foulke Named One of the 50 Most Influential Environment, Health and Safety Leaders
06/11/2010 - Thirty-Seven Fisher & Phillips Attorneys Ranked Among Top in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers
06/10/2010 - Fisher & Phillips Partner Inducted as Fellow into College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
05/03/2010 - Women in Business – Tamara Devitt
03/31/2010 - Six Fisher & Phillips South Carolina Partners Named "Super Lawyers"
03/24/2010 - Fisher & Phillips Attorneys Included in 2010 "New Jersey Super Lawyers"
02/25/2010 - Eight Fisher & Phillips Attorneys Listed in "Georgia Super Lawyers 2010"