In this issue:
- FINRA Issues Annual Regulatory and Examination Priorities Letter for 2014
- CFTC Makes Comparability Determinations for Substituted Compliance Purposes
- CFTC Issues No-Action Relief from Certain Swap Data Reporting Requirements
- CFTC Issues No-Action Relief Regarding Annual Reports by Chief Compliance Officers
- CFTC Extends Relief from Oral Communication Recording Requirement
- CFTC Issues Advisory Concerning Commodity Trading Advisors and Swaps
- Delaware Court Limits Section 220(d) Books and Records Inspections to Current Directors
- Seventh Circuit Remands to Correct a “Thoroughly Botched” Sentencing for a Fraudulent Commodity Pool Operator
- Agencies Appear to Signal Retreat on CDO TruPS Issue
- Excerpt from Agencies Appear to Signal Retreat on CDO TruPS Issue:
In the wake of the American Bankers Association’s lawsuit challenging the Volcker Rule’s treatment of collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) backed by trust preferred securities (TruPS), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Securities and Exchange Commission (the Agencies) have issued a statement which appears to signal that they are considering walking the rule back. The question is to what extent the Agencies will reverse themselves. The December 27 statement states in pertinent part as follows...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: CFTC, Collateralized Debt Obligations, Compliance, FINRA, No-Action Letters, Reporting Requirements, Swap Data Repositories, Swaps, Trust Preferred Securities
Published In: General Business Updates, Criminal Law Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising