In this issue:
- CFTC Exempts MTFs from US Registration Requirements
- CFTC Guidance Relating to Trading on SEFs and DCMs
- NFA Issues Notice to Members Regarding Member Obligations Under NFA Bylaw 1101 and Compliance Rule 2-36(d)
- CFTC Issues No-Action Relief Regarding 30.7 Accounts
- SEC Files Insider Trading Action Despite Unknown Tipper
- New York Federal Court Dismisses Derivative Suit Against Sons of Norway Executives
- Excerpt from NFA Issues Notice to Members Regarding Member Obligations Under NFA Bylaw 1101 and Compliance Rule 2-36(d):
Under Commodity Futures Trading Commission regulations, any person claiming an exemption or exclusion from commodity pool operator (CPO) or commodity trading advisor (CTA) registration pursuant to CFTC Regulations 4.5, 4.13(a)(1), 4.13(a)(2), 4.13(a)(3), 4.13(a)(5) or 4.14(a)(8) must annually reaffirm this exemption within 60 days of the end of each calendar year. National Futures Association (NFA) Bylaw 1101 and Compliance Rule 2-36(d) require NFA members that carry accounts for or transact business with any unregistered person to confirm that such person has filed a notice with NFA reaffirming the exemption on an annual basis.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: CFTC, Commodity Futures Contracts, Derivative Suit, Insider Trading, MTFs, NFA, SEC, SEFs
Published In: Business Torts Updates, Civil Procedure Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising