In this issue:
- SEC Division of Corporation Finance Issues Guidance on Rule 506(c) Private Placements
- SEC Issues No-action Relief Regarding Registration of M&A Brokers
- CFTC Issues Guidance on New Filing Requirements
- SEC Extends Exemptions for Security-based Swaps
- SEC Issues Risk Alert on Investment Advisers’ Due Diligence Processes for Selecting Alternative Investments
- District Court Upholds SEC’s Partial Win in Bank Fraud Suit
- SDNY Grants SEC’s Final Summary Judgment Claim in Securities and Investment Advisor Fraud Case
- Excerpt from SDNY Grants SEC’s Final Summary Judgment Claim in Securities and Investment Advisor Fraud Case:
The US District Court for the Southern District of New York granted the Securities and Exchange Commission summary judgment on its one outstanding securities fraud claim against Alberto Vilar and Gary Tanaka, co-founders of Amerindo Investment Advisors, Inc., after the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit clarified the meaning of a “domestic transaction in any security.”
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.