In this issue:
- SEC Publishes Guidance for Investment Advisers and Proxy Advisory Firms Regarding Proxy Voting and Solicitation
- SEC Division of Corporation Finance Issues C&DIs Relating to Accredited Investor Verification Methods
- FINRA to Conduct Targeted Examinations Regarding Order Routing and Execution Quality of Customer Orders in Exchange-Listed Stocks
- SEC Settles Civil FCPA Action Against Two Former Oil Services Executives
- New York Jury Acquits Former Hedge Fund Manager of Insider Trading Conspiracy
- Excerpt from SEC Publishes Guidance for Investment Advisers and Proxy Advisory Firms Regarding Proxy Voting and Solicitation:
On June 30, the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Investment Management and Division of Corporation Finance published Staff Legal Bulletin No. 20 (SLB 20), which offers guidance regarding investment advisers’ responsibilities in voting proxies and retaining proxy advisory firms, as well as the availability of two exemptions from federal proxy rules often relied upon by proxy advisory firms.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.