In this issue:
- FINRA Issues New Investor Alert on Closed-End Funds
- CFTC Adopts Enhanced Customer Protection Rules
- CFTC Adopts Rules Regarding the Protection of Collateral and Treatment of Securities in a Portfolio Margining Account in a Bankruptcy
- CFTC Adopts Final Rules for Ownership and Control Reports
- CFTC Announces Mutual Acceptance of Approved Legal Entity Identifiers
- CFTC Seeks Comments on TW SEF Available-to-Trade Certification
- Second Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Qui Tam Case Based on Attorney’s Use of Confidential Information
- District Court Dismisses a Shareholder Suit for Failing to Plead Scienter
- OCC Issues Risk Management Guidance
- OCC and FDIC Propose Rule to Strengthen Liquidity Risk Management
- Excerpt from: OCC Issues Risk Management Guidance:
On October 30, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued guidance (Bulletin 2013-29) to national banks and federal savings associations (collectively, banks) for assessing and managing risks associated with third-party relationships. A third-party relationship is “any business arrangement between a bank and another entity, by contract or otherwise.” The bulletin rescinds OCC Bulletin 2001-47, “Third-Party Relationships: Risk Management Principles” and OCC Advisory Letter 2000-9, “Third-Party Risk.”
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.