In this issue:
- CME Delays Prohibition on Transitory EFRPs
- JAC Issues Guidance on Margin Funds
- CFTC Hands Out First Whistleblower Award
- NFA Adopts Fee for Registration Non-Disclosures
- CME Launches Website Links for Complaints and Self-Reports
- SEC Brings Lawsuit Against Unregistered Broker Dealer
- SEC Alleges Fraud from Unregistered Offerings of Oil and Gas Securities
- Excerpt from CFTC Hands Out First Whistleblower Award:
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission has announced the first award under its whistleblower program. The CFTC will pay an anonymous recipient approximately $240,000 for providing information about violations of the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA). The CFTC did not disclose any other details surrounding the award, including the total amount collected by the CFTC. Under the whistleblower program, individuals who report violations of the CEA leading to more than $1,000,000 in sanctions are eligible to receive between 10% and 30% of monies collected.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.