In This Issue:
- Brady Unveils Medicare/Medicaid Fraud Bill
- Possible Litigation Threat Adds to Considerations in Containing Drug Costs
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act
- Other Federal Regulatory Initiatives
- Other Congressional and State Initiatives
- Other Health Care News
- Upcoming Hearings and Markups
- Excerpt from Brady Unveils Medicare/Medicaid Fraud Bill:
House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Health Chairman Kevin Brady (R-TX) released a discussion draft of the Protecting Integrity Medicare Act of 2014—the Committee’s expansive bill to address fraud in the Medicare and Medicaid systems. The draft, which is open for comment from stakeholders, includes a number of bipartisan priorities such as removing Social Security numbers from Medicare cards, increasing education for providers to address fraud through the Medicare Administrative Contractors, and changing durable medical equipment (DME) face-to-face requirements. Reigning in fraud and abuse in public programs continues to be a bipartisan area of agreement as lawmakers strive to introduce legislation focusing on reigning in health care spending.
Please see full update below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.