In This Issue:
- First Guidance following Hobby Lobby released
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act
- Other Federal Regulatory Initiatives
- Other Congressional and State Initiatives
- Other Health Care News
- Upcoming Hearings and Markups
- Excerpt from First Guidance following Hobby Lobby released:
The Department of Labor (DOL) published a notice on Thursday, July 17th that all “closely held” for-profit companies are required to inform their employees if they plan to opt out of providing the coverage in response to the Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision. This is the first formal action the Obama Administration has taken, after the failed attempt to pass legislation in the Senate that would have overturned the Supreme Court’s decision. DOL said that as part of “longstanding regulations,” the employer must explain what coverage areas aren’t provided in an insurance plan.
Please see full issue below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.