In This Issue:
- Confusion Persists in Anticipation of 340B “Mega-Rule”
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act
- Other Federal Regulatory Initiatives
- Other Congressional and State Initiatives
- Other Health Care News
- Upcoming Hearings and Markups
- Excerpt from Confusion Persists in Anticipation of 340B “Mega-Rule”:
The 340B drug discount program continues to be one of the most scrutinized and anticipated areas of health policy regulation going into the summer. The 340B program provides discounts between 20 and 50 percent off the cost of pharmaceuticals to providers, such as hospitals and community health centers. While the program was initially created to provide affordable access to providers serving overwhelmingly needy communities, the ACA’s expansion of eligible providers to critical access hospitals (CAHs) and children’s hospitals, among others, has drawn the intense scrutiny of lawmakers and drug manufacturers alike.
Please see full update below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.