In This Issue:
- Hobby Lobby decision further complicates ACA implementation
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act
- Other Federal Regulatory Initiatives
- Other Congressional and State Initiatives
- Other Health Care News
- Upcoming Hearings and Markups
- Excerpt from Hobby Lobby decision further complicates ACA implementation:
This morning, the U.S. Supreme Court announced its ruling in the much anticipated Burwell v. Hobby Lobby case, holding that closely-held companies could not be required to cover contraceptives in employee insurance health plans if the corporation owners have religious objections. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) required all health plans to cover preventive health services for women, which the Institute of Medicine (IOM) subsequently defined to include contraceptive products approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Please see full issue below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.