In This Issue:
- Employers Should Review Internship Programs for Legal Compliance
..The Department of Labor’s Six-Factor Test
..Unpaid Internships in the News
- Developments in Equal Pay at the Federal and Minnesota State Level
..Minnesota Women’s Economic Security Act
- New IRS Guidance on Health Flexible Spending Arrangements
- Minnesota Increases Minimum Wage to One of Highest in the Nation
..Key Features of the New Law
- Excerpt from Employers Should Review Internship Programs for Legal Compliance:
With summer finally around the corner, employers who utilize interns should review their internship programs to ensure compliance with applicable wage and hour laws. The vast majority of interns in the private sector qualify as employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and need to be paid accordingly.
Please see full Publication below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.