In This Issue:
- 2 GAO issues report on safety of federally unregulated gathering pipelines
- 3 Advisory bulletin issued to natural gas cast iron distribution pipelines
- 3 PHMSA’S FY 2013 budget focuses on hiring more inspectors
- 4 Implementation of national registry of pipeline and LNG operators begins
- 4 SIDEBAR
- 5 Many commercial vehicles now regulated by the FMCSA
- 6 U.S. Department of Labor publishes proposed tribal consultation policy
Excerpt from U.S. Department of Labor publishes proposed tribal consultation policy
The U.S. Department of Labor published its proposed tribal consultation policy in the Wednesday, April 18, 2012 Federal Register (77 Fed. Reg. 23283).
This issuance of the proposed policy is in compliance with Executive Order 13175 of November 6, 2000, which charged executive departments and agencies with engaging in regular and meaningful consultation and collaboration with tribal officials in the development of federal policies that have tribal implications. Following issuance of the order, departments and agencies were slow to establish and follow through with tribal consultation policies. To reemphasize the importance of this policy, President Obama issued a memorandum to the heads of executive departments and agencies on November 5, 2009, directing each agency head to establish a detailed plan for implementing the policies and directives of the executive order.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.