In This Report:
- I. November 29, 2012 - Mississippi Certificate of Need Meeting
- II. 2013 State Health Plan Approved
- III. Certificate of Need Program Report – Filings/Reports Since October 2012 CON Meeting
- Excerpt from 2013 State Health Plan Approved -
On December 3, upon receiving Governor Phil Bryant’s letter of approval, the proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Mississippi State Health Plan went into effect, superseding the FY 2012 Plan. The Health Plan is promulgated by the State Department of Health and establishes criteria for health-related activities requiring Certificate of Need review.
Changes from the FY 2012 Plan include:
- Rural hospitals (those located outside U.S. Census Bureau Metropolitan Statistical Areas with 75 or fewer beds) applying for a CON to offer MRI services must demonstrate that a minimum of 1,700 procedures will be performed per year. That procedure volume is to be attained by the end of the second year of operation. Other hospitals still must demonstrate that 2,700 procedures will be performed per year by the end of the second year.
Please see full report below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.