Category: Arkansas Environmental, Energy, and Water Law
The American Forest & Paper Association (“AFPA”) announced its 2019 Better Practices, Better Planet 2020 Sustainability Awards on November 8th.
Domtar received the award for Leadership in Sustainability – Sustainable Forest Management for Promoting Sustainable Forest Management for Landowners.
Domtar’s facilities include one of the largest paper and fluff pulp producing mills in the world in Ashdown, Arkansas.
Other award winners included:
- Leadership in Sustainability – Energy Efficiency/Greenhouse Gas Reduction (Large Company)
Resolute Forest Products: Concrete Actions to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Leadership in Sustainability – Energy Efficiency/Greenhouse Gas Reduction (Small Company)
Seaman Paper Company of Massachusetts, Inc.: Let There Be (LED) Light
- Leadership in Sustainability – Safety
WestRock: Hopewell Recovery Boiler Life Changing Event Elimination Project
- Leadership in Sustainability – Water
Green Bay Packaging: Water Reduction Achievements at Green Bay Mill
- Innovation in Sustainability
WestRock: EnShield® Natural Kraft
The awards were announced at AFPA’s annual meeting in Bluffton, South Carolina.
Winners were stated to have been selected by sustainability experts from:
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy;
- The College of Natural Resources at North Carolina State University;
- Quad Packaging;
- Two Sides; and
- The U.S. Department of Energy
A copy of the news release can be downloaded here.