On June 2, 2020, Ohio Governor DeWine announced that health care providers may resume all surgeries and procedures that had previously been delayed.
In doing so, health care providers must:
- maintain adequate inventories of PPE, supplies, equipment and medicine.
- create a plan for conservation and monitoring use of PPE, other supplies and equipment that could include decontamination and reuse.
- maintain a reliable supply chain to support their non-COVID-19 cases and respond to an unexpected surge in COVID-19 cases, if needed.
- define processes for timely COVID-19 testing of patients and staff.
- continue to use telehealth whenever possible.
Bricker’s health care team will prepare a comprehensive analysis with an order or written guidance when it is released.