In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Meati Foods, a fungi-based alternative meat company, announced that it raised $150 million in its Series C round. The company plans to use a portion of the funds to open a new production facility that will expand its footprint nationally.
- Cargill and Continental Grain Company purchased Sanderson Farms for $4.53 billion. The parties plan to combine Sanderson Farms with Wayne Farms, a subsidiary of Continental Grain, to create a new poultry business.
- Hivery, an SAAS-based AI tool that assists brick-and-mortar stores and CPG manufacturers with optimization product placement, announced that it raised $30 million in its Series B round. The round was led by Tiger Global.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Farm2050.
- Farm 2050 was co-founded by Innovation Endeavors and Finistere Ventures in California. Farm2050 is a collective of diverse partners - a complete ecosystem. It is committed to advancing the future of food through supporting AgTech entrepreneurs and startups.
- This VC fund has established a successful track record investing in some of the most innovative and fastest-growing early stage food and beverage companies.
Links to Relevant Content and Events