In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- DouxMatok, a foodtech company that develops sugar reduction products, announced that it raised $30 million in its Series C round.
- Wicked Kitchen announced that it acquired Current Foods, a foodtech company that creates plant-based raw seafood.
- The Food for Climate report, a report that analyzes the foodtech and agritech sectors in Europe, found that European foodtech and agritech companies raised $1.9 billion in venture capital funding in 2022, representing a 20% increase as compared to 2021.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund
This week's featured corporate venture and private equity fund is Nutrition Capital Network.
- Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) connects investors with high-potential growth companies.
- NCN brings together active investors with curated health, wellness, and ingredient companies that are looking for capital, partnerships, or acquisitions.
- NCN hosts five Investor Meetings each year, where selected companies give live presentations about their businesses to a group of active industry investors and mentors.
- Representative NCN Investors include:
- 301 Inc.
- Abbott Nutrition
- Abrams & Company
- Ajinomoto Group
- Allergy Research Group
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- NCN uses the following criteria to evaluate potential Presenting Companies (for details, see Selection Criteria | Nutrition Capital Network):
- Novelty and Unique Position
- Economic Potential
- The Management Team
- Tangibles: Good branding or brand name, good quality & taste, unique packaging or presentation
- Intangibles: The “WOW” factor; head turning potential