In this issue:
- A Sea Change Sweeps over Congress: A Look Back and a Look Ahead
- Shipping & International Trade Law (Second Edition 2015)
- Congress Passes Coast Guard Bill in Waning Hours of 113th Congress
- Old Dogs, New Tricks: Bunker Fuel Industry Facing Growing Cyber Threat
- Sulfur Emissions Limit Reduced and U.S. Ramps Up Enforcement
- Risk Management Tool for Maritime Companies
- Demystifying the Repeal of the Jones Act and Jones Act Waivers
- Brett Esber Named Top Ten Shipping Lawyer by Lloyd’s List
- The Story of the Jones Act and the U.S.’ Caribbean Territories
- ECDIS: Are Your Watch Standers Ready for the Challenges?
- 2014 Revision to the Himalaya Clause for Bills of Lading and other Contracts of Carriage
- NY Court of Appeals Upholds Separate Entity Rule at the Expense of Judgment Debtors
- Maritime Emergency Response Team
- An excerpt from A Sea Change Sweeps over Congress: A Look Back and a Look Ahead:
The 2014 mid-term elections brought a tidal wave to Washington, bringing in a sweep of the Congress for Republicans. The major impact will be in the Senate where Republicans have taken over the Committee Chairs from their Democratic counterparts. The House of Representatives remains in Republican control, with Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) remaining as Speaker and with a stronger hand for his party.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.