The Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality (“MCEQ”) and Dewberry Sawmill (“Dewberry”) entered into an October 19th Agreed Order (“AO”) addressing alleged violations of a Mississippi Baseline Storm Water General NPDES Permit (“Storm Water Permit”). See Order No. 7077 20.
The AO provides that Dewberry was contacted on March 30th by MCEQ regarding alleged violations of the Storm Water Permit regarding a sawmill in Maben, Mississippi.
The violations alleged by MCEQ include:
- Failure to maintain Monthly Spill and Leak Log
- Failure to obtain an Illicit Connections Certification
- Failure to implement the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- Failure to amend the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- Failure to conduct Annual Comprehensive Storm Water Pollution Prevention Evaluation
Dewberry is stated to have asserted, pursuant to correspondence, that it had returned to compliance with the Storm Water Permit.
The AO asserts a civil penalty of $13,500.
A copy of the AO can be downloaded here.