The Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality (“MCEQ”) and Trailboss Trailers, Inc. (“TTI”) entered into a November 13th Agreed Order (“AO”) to address alleged stormwater permitting violations. See Order No. 7085 20.
TTI operates a trailer manufacturing facility (“Facility”) in Macon, Mississippi.
TTI is stated to have been contacted by MCEQ and notified of the following alleged violations:
- ACTS T-3 (4): Failure to maintain Monthly Spill and Leak Log.
- ACTS T-7 (7): Failure to certify no illicit connections.
- ACT7 S-1 (4): Failure to amend the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
- ACT8 S-1: Failure to conduct Monthly Site Inspections.
- ACT12 S-2: Failure to comply with Training Program Requirements.
TTI is stated to have notified MCEQ by letter dated September 28th that it had retained Neel-Schaffer, Inc. to assist with amending the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and implementing a training program. Further, TTI is stated to have submitted a Monthly Spill and Leak Log and a Monthly Site Inspection. It further asserted it would continue to perform and document these inspections in accordance with the permit requirements. The company is stated to have submitted an amended Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan.
A civil penalty of $16,450 is assessed.
A copy of the AO can be downloaded here.