For your reference, here's a quick look at some of the most well-read class action-related updates and commentary published on JD Supra during the year. Good work, smart folks.
Popular Class Action Reads on JD Supra, 2019
- AD-ttorneys@law: Twilio Settles Allegations of No-Consent Recordings - by BakerHostetler
- Court Approves $30 Million Settlement in FHA “Post-Payment Interest” Class Action - by attorneys at Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
- California Court Denies Class Certification in ‘Wrong Number’ Case - by Christine Reilly and Allen Huang at Manatt
- April and May 2019 Independent Contractor Misclassification and Compliance News Update - by Richard Reibstein at Locke Lord
- HIPAA Breach Results in a $4,500,000 Class Action Settlement - by Matthew Shatzkes at Sheppard Mullin
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court provides new route for data security breach plaintiffs - by Elizabeth Casale and James Shreve at Thompson Coburn
- Recent Class Action Lawsuit Involving Yale University’s Wellness Program Is A Cautionary Tale For Employers - by Jennifer Naber and Wesley Covert at Laner Muchin
- California Court Delivers Trucking Company a Meal/Rest Break Win and Limits the Application of the ABC Test - by Spencer Skeen, Tim Johnson, and Jesse Ferantella at Ogletree Deakins
- 2018 Life Sciences Securities Litigation Roundup - by attorneys at Wilson Sonsini
- Data Breach Class Actions - Georgia Supreme Court Rejects Duty to Safeguard Personal Information - by Jeffrey Fisher at Kilpatrick Townsend
- The District of Massachusetts Orders that Comcast Subscribers Must Individually Arbitrate Privacy Class Action Claims - by Melanie Conroy at Pierce Atwood
- Dialing in – Top five TCPA issues for 2019 - by Emily Bork, Francis Nolan, Lewis Wiener, Wilson Barmeyer, and Samir Aguirre at Eversheds Sutherland
- Copy-Cat Class Actions Meet Copy-Cat Legislation: Illinois’ BIPA Spurs New Biometric Privacy Legislation Across The Nation - by Gerald Maatman, Jr., Andrew Cockroft, and Thomas Ahlering at Seyfarth Shaw
For a deeper dive into class action trends right now, ask us about access to Beacon Insights dashboards.