USCIS has recently announced it will resume premium processing for forms I-129 and I-140 in phases over the next month. Please see the agency’s announced schedule below.
USCIS will accept premium processing requests on the following dates:
- Effective June 1, 2020, USCIS will accept premium processing for all eligible Form I-140 petitions.
- Effective June 8, 2020, USCIS will accept premium processing for
- H-1B petitions that are cap-exempt and pending adjudication as long as it was filed before June 8, 2020
- All other Form I-129 petitions (non H-1B petitions) eligible for premium processing that are pending adjudication as long as they are filed before June 8, 2020
USCIS will resume premium processing on the following dates:
- Effective June 15, 2020, USCIS will resume premium processing for
- H-1B petitions with concurrently filed I-907 and are exempt from the cap because
- The employer is cap-exempt;
- The beneficiary will be employed at a qualifying cap-exempt institution, entity, or organization; or
- The beneficiary is cap-exempt based on a Conrad/IGA Waiver under INA Section 214(l)
- Effective June 22, 2020, USCIS will resume premium processing all other Form I-129 petitions including:
- All H1B cap-suject petitions (including those for FY 2021), including change of status from F-1 nonimmigrant status
- All other Form I-129 petitions for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for premium processing