All small businesses today encounter numerous changes to employment laws and regulations that are often misunderstood, oversimplified, or under-appreciated. These misunderstandings can result in hurried action by both employers and employees that can result in unnecessary lawsuits and large settlements that can force small business owners out of business.
What do you do when you do not have a dedicated human resource person/team to handle employment issues that arise?
How do you protect your business while safeguarding the rights of your employees?
To help any small business navigate employment law, Whitcomb Selinsky, PC, will host a webinar series on employment law beginning in February, 2023.
In the first webinar, Danyelle McNeary, a labor and employment attorney, will discuss the following:
What were the most significant changes to employment laws passed in 2022?
- How do recent and upcoming court decisions affect small business employers?
- How small is a small business and how do basic employment laws impact them?
In addition, Ms. McNeary will share insights into the employment issues that all small businesses should focus on in 2023:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employment Discrimination and Workplace Harassment
- Wrongful Termination claims
- Colorado’s New Wage Theft Protection Bill
- Colorado’s New Family and Medical Insurance Leave (FAMLI)
By attending our webinar series, all small businesses will understand better how to protect employees and their business moving forward. This webinar is for any small business in Colorado, including veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, women-owned, and minority-owned.