August 2nd, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
What New Obligations Does the No Surprises Act Impose on Health Systems and Health Plans—and How Can You Prepare for the Impact? Learn the Answer at a New Manatt Webinar. Click Here to Register Free—and Earn CLE.
The No Surprises Act (NSA)—set to take effect January 1, 2022—is intended to protect patients from surprise medical bills. The NSA, however, also imposes major new obligations that will significantly impact health care provider and health plan operations. To be sure they are prepared for the NSA, it’s critical that providers and plans start now to understand the new regulations, implement the necessary operational changes and ensure compliance. Falling short can mean substantial civil monetary penalties for plans and providers.
A new Manatt webinar will give you a clear guide to navigating the complexities of the NSA—and make sure your organization is fully prepared for its impact. Click here to register free—and earn CLE. The program will:
- Detail the new protections and requirements included in Part 1 of the Interim Final Rule published in July—and the additional obligations likely to come in later rules
- Explain how patient cost sharing must now be calculated—and the complex new mechanism for setting out-of-network rates
- Discuss the new definition of “emergency services” to which the surprise billing protections apply, which now include post-stabilization services
- Explore how NSA requirements interact with newly effective federal price transparency regulations and existing state law
- Identify ways to operationalize and implement required new processes and workflows
- Ensure your organization is ready for the significant operational and revenue impacts to come
Even if you can’t make our original airing on August 2, click here to register free now and receive a link to view the program on demand.
Steve Chiu, Partner, Manatt Health
Michael Kolber, Partner, Manatt Health
Alex Morin, Director, Manatt Health
Harvey Rochman, Partner, Manatt Health
CLE is pending in CA and NY.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.