October 20th, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
The global transition from internal combustion engines (ICE) to battery electric vehicles (BEV) will be transformative and disruptive, if not existential, for many segments of the automotive industry. All direct and indirect participants in the automotive supply chain will be affected to some degree. With President Biden’s call to embrace electrification in the U.S. and North American OEMs investing hundreds of billions of dollars in new infrastructure and R&D, the North American automotive industry is on a frantic pace to adapt.
All segments of the supply chain need to proceed today to adjust their business model to anticipate and take advantage of this shift. Dickinson Wright has established a cross-disciplinary team representing multiple practice specialties to advise clients as they address the many and variable aspects of this transition.
This webinar will explore the current US – China relationship, the dynamics of Japan, Korea and the ASEAN region, and how these relationships may evolve under the Biden Administration and their importance for success in the North American EV transformation.
Importantly, our discussion will focus on the following areas and how they influence electrification in the mobility sector both in North America and East Asia:
- The current status of the 2020 US-China Phase 1 Trade Agreement
- The US’s continuing imposition of additional 301 tariffs on Chinese goods and expansion of national security concerns related to foreign investment and shifting supply chains
- The Asian-Pacific region’s role in the US-China conundrum and how this impacts the global supply chain
- Challenges for OEMs and suppliers doing business in the Asian-Pacific region: New rules and regulations that affect international suppliers and what you need to know
- How USMCA factors into shifting supply chains with Asian suppliers
This webinar will be of interest to mobility professionals who are engaged in understanding what impact the US/East Asia dynamic may have on the NA mobility market as it transitions to electric and alternative propulsion drive systems.
Our presentation is complimentary but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
Robert B. Weiss
Mark V. Heusel
Have a particular question you'd like to ask?
EMAIL us now and we will answer it during the live webcast.
Can't attend at this date/time?
Register anyway and we will send you the recording.