October 14th, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
HSR Act-driven Second Request responses require an uncommon balance of understanding, expertise, and experience to successfully deliver certified compliant responses. Recent FTC and DOJ updates, coupled with the increasing velocity of requests, make current expertise more crucial than ever in this unique discovery area.
In this presentation, expert investigation, eDiscovery, and M&A panelists will present updates and considerations for managing Second Request responses to include tactics, techniques, and lessons learned from fourteen recent responses.
- Defining Second Requests: The Requirement and Task
- Context for Consideration: The Prevalence of Requests Over Time
- A Different Type of Discovery: Characteristics of a Second Request
- Recent DOJ and FTC Updates: From the Practical to the Tactical
- Managing Second Requests: A Provider’s Perspective
- Michael Sarlo, EnCE, CBE, CCLO, RCA, CCPA - Michael is a Partner and Senior EVP of eDiscovery and Digital Forensics for HaystackID.
- Mike Quartararo, CEDS - Mike currently serves as the President of ACEDS, which provides training and certification in eDiscovery and related disciplines to law firms, corporate legal, and the broader the legal community.
- John Wilson, ACE, AME, CBE - As CISO and President of Forensics at HaystackID, John is a certified forensic examiner, licensed private investigator, and IT veteran with more than two decades of experience.
- Anya Korolyov - A Senior Consultant with HaystackID, Anya has 12 years of experience in eDiscovery with extensive expertise with Second Requests as an attorney and senior consultant.
- Seth Curt Schechtman - As Senior Managing Director of Review Services for HaystackID, Seth has extensive legal review experience, including class actions, MDLs, and Second Requests.
- Young Yu - As Director of Client Service with HaystackID, Young is the primary strategic and operational advisor to clients in matters relating to eDiscovery.