October 5th, 2023
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM PT
From the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) to the overturning of Roe v. Wade to the skyrocketing growth of virtual care, multiple forces are converging to remap the health care landscape. In a new webinar, Manatt Health will draw on the deep-dive legal, policy and market analyses in its Manatt on Health premium information service to provide critical insights into the most powerful trends reshaping health care. You are invited to look ahead at how these changes will impact your business.
Key topics the webinar will cover include:
Legislative and Regulatory Review—and Preview
The session will highlight key regulatory and legislative developments for the health care industry and what to expect in the year ahead, including the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), the No Surprises Act (NSA), mental health parity, pharmacy benefit manager regulation, preventive services, health care nondiscrimination, provider payment and policies to advance health equity.
A Look at the Source
You will learn more about Manatt on Health’s weekly digests, in-depth analyses, and surveys of state and federal activity—and how they can keep you ahead of the trends transforming our health care ecosystem.
Tracking Key Developments Reshaping Health Care
Based on our Manatt on Health analyses and insights, the webinar will provide:
- The Status of Medicaid Unwinding. State Medicaid agencies were able to begin redetermining eligibility in April for the nearly 94 million people enrolled in Medicaid/CHIP. The session will cover the status of unwinding the Medicaid continuous coverage requirement that was in place for most of the PHE, coverage impacts and implications, and federal and state actions to mitigate early signs of eligible people dropping from the program in large numbers.
- An Update on Reproductive Health Access and State Abortion Shield Laws. Since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and states became responsible for abortion protections, a patchwork of laws has been passed across the United States. Some states have strengthened their protections to promote abortion access, while others have criminalized abortion access or facilitation or subjected providers who perform abortions to civil and professional liability. Drawing on findings from our new reproductive health access and state abortion shield law surveys, we will provide guidance for providers, states and other stakeholders supporting abortion rights on navigating today’s complex and confusing legal and regulatory landscape.
Even if you can’t attend our live session on October 5, click here to register for this free webinar now and you’ll receive a link to view the program on demand.
- Nicholas Bath, Partner, Manatt Health
- Patricia Boozang, Senior Managing Director, Manatt Health
- Barret Jefferds, Head of Growth and Operations, Manatt Health
- Michael Kolber, Partner, Manatt Health
- Randi Seigel, Partner, Manatt Health
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.