In this issue:
- CFTC Extends No-Action Relief for Certain Transactions and Trading Platforms
- NFA Issues a Notice Regarding Segregated Account Balance Reporting
- CME Group Introduces Self-Match Prevention
- US Supreme Court Defers to Arbitrator’s Decision to Allow Class Arbitration in Healthcare Action
- Delaware Court of Chancery Appoints Receiver to Ensure Stockholders’ Meeting
- Excerpt from: US Supreme Court Defers to Arbitrator’s Decision to Allow Class Arbitration in Healthcare Action:
The US Supreme Court affirmed a ruling by the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit upholding an arbitrator’s decision that a contract provided for class arbitration. The Court held that where parties consent to arbitrate an issue, neither party can challenge an arbitrator’s decision on fact or law if the arbitrator made a good-faith effort to interpret the contract.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.