In This Issue
- Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation Under FERC Order No. 1000
Amended regulations ensuring efficient and cost-effective investment decisions are necessary because changes in generation mix are driving the demand for additional investment in transmission....
- Outlook for the Obama Administration’s Energy Agenda
The sheer amount of deficit reduction in the debt deal reached by President Obama and congressional leaders will have a major impact on federal support for energy spending....
Oil & Gas Regulatory
- Oil & Gas Royalties: ONRR seeks to employ Dodd-Frank’s oil, gas, and minerals payment disclosure provision to “cross-check” royalty, rent, and bonus payments
In a recent comment to the SEC, ONRR described Dodd-Frank’s oil, gas, and minerals payment disclosure provision as potentially “very useful” to the agency’s efforts to check that oil, gas, and mining companies are reporting revenues “correctly” to the U.S. federal government....
Oil & Gas Litigation
- An Update From Louisiana: The Deepwater Horizon Spill Litigation
Key new developments in In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig "Deepwater Horizon" in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010....
- Arbitration of Energy Disputes: Seeking Review of a Panel’s Decision
Since the United States Supreme Court held that the Federal Arbitration Act set out the exclusive grounds on which a court could vacate or modify an arbitration award governed by the FAA, energy companies utilizing arbitration clauses have sought alternate routes to broaden their rights to seek appellate review. According to the Texas Supreme Court, the Texas Arbitration Act provides just such a route....
- Private Equity Consolidation of Retail Energy Providers Continues
The retail electric power market is in the midst of a consolidation that is expected to accelerate as some regulated utilities and large independent retail suppliers continue to seek ways to expand their retail customer bases, and smaller independent providers seek capital and other resources for continued growth....
Please see full newsletter below for more information.